1) How to contact the ALICEWeb-Mercosur? The ALICEWeb-Mercosur can be contacted at:
Phones: 55 61 20277352, 20278277, 20277271, 20277283.
2) What does the acronym ALICEWeb-Mercosur means? ALICE is an acronym for Information Analysis of Foreign Trade-Mercorsur.
3) Is there any cost to register myself and use ALICEWeb-Mercosur? No. Access to ALICEWeb-Mercosur is free.
4) My registration was not accepted. Ausence of the digit "@" in the e-mail informed in the register, or it was informed a user name already registered or an e-mail already contained in our data base.
5) After registration, I have not received login and password. Possible causes:
a) E-mail address provided at registration (typing errors);
b) indicated correct e-mail in the register, but is waiting for username and password to arrive in another e-mail;
c) Anti-spam on the e-mails of new user.
6) Does ALICEWeb-Mercosur contains data of exporting or importing companies? No.
7) Where does ALICEWeb-Mercosur takes its data from? The ALICEWeb-Mercosur takes data from four different sources, one each for Argentina, Brasil, Paraguay and Uruguay.
8) For which month is credited the value exported/imported in a transaction? For the month when the operations are given the go ahead by customs.
9) Does the figures use a multiplier / divider? No. The numbers of ALICEWeb-Mercosur are absolute, with no multipliers or dividers.
10) Generated the file, see at "Check file status" that it was generated successfully, but did not receive it. Possible causes:
1) Blocker / anti-spam files from WinZip to the provider of e-mail;
2) Full E-mail box;
3) Exchange e-mail. The e-mail provided at registration is not the e-mail currently used by the user.
4) Momentary problem in the file generation system of ALICEWeb-Mercosur. Forward e-mail to: ALICEWeb-Mercosur@desenvolvimento.gov.br
11) Does ALICEWeb-Mercosur has weekly data? No. The lowest possible grouping of data on a monthly ALICEWeb-Mercosur.
12) When does ALICEWeb-Mercosur updates its data? There is no time limit set in advance.
13) I generated a report with various goods and many of them have quantity "0". What does it mean? The "quantity" column shows any value only when the unit value of the statistical measure of a code NCM is different from Kg.
14) What is the unit of the value shown at the column "quantity"? Please check, at the "Auxiliary Tables", the "Units of statistical measure."
15) What doest it mean the questions marks and magnifying glasses next to some parameters? The question marks clarify the criteria of the parameter in question. Magnifying glasses allow the search for occurrences within a variable.
16) What file format does ALICEWeb-Mercosur uses, if I opt for generating files? The user can choose to create the file in Excel or Txt. However, whatever format is chosen, the file will be sent compressed with WinZip.
17) I did a particular query, but the values appear only in general totals, with no option to create the file or see the details. The option to generate detailed file or check detalings only occurs if one parameter is set to detail (circles with an asterisk beside).
18) By selecting the "Grand Total", all detailings are inhibited. Why? The option Grand Total only allows queries with variables containing defined occurrences.
19) What "FOB" means? FOB is an Incoterm (International Commercial Term), which means "Free On Board". It is a condition of sale used for statistics of international trade.
20) Does the information of "Average Price" provides the price of the product? No. As the meaning of the term implies, it´s only the average value between U.S. $ Fob and quantity. In the period chosen by the user, it may have occurred several operations with different operators for the parameters defined, with different values in each transaction.
21) Ive generated a file with results by economic blocs. In making the sum of all blocks, the total was greater than the value exported / imported by Brazil in the period. Why? A single country can be part of several blocks, causing many values to be repeated in more than one economic bloc.